West Houston Chapter of AACN Call for Nominations for 2018-2019 Term from July 1, 2018-June 30, 2019
This announcement has 1 attachment:
The West Houston Chapter of AACN is currenting seeking nominations for the 2018-2019 Officers. The responsibilities of each position are noted below. This is a great opportunity to get more involved with the chapter while being mentored by existing officers.
Please check any positions that interest you:
AACN West Houston Call for Nomination Position(s) Secretary Secretary-Elect President-elect
- The president-elect shall become familiar with the duties of the president and shall succeed to the presidency at the expiration of the president’s term of office. The president-elect shall perform the duties of the office of president in the absence of the president or in the case of inability to act and, when so acting, shall have all powers of, and be subject to, all the restrictions upon the president, and shall perform such other duties as the members may from time to time specifically prescribe. The office of president-elect shall be open only to those members who have served on the Executive Board or as committee chairperson of the chapter.
Responsibilities of the President-elect
♦ Works collaboratively with the chapter president throughout his or her term of office to provide for continuity of leadership and smooth transition of chapter leadership.
♦ Main support person in assisting the education/program chairman.
♦ Perform presidential duties, in the absence of the chapter president.
♦ May serve as a chairperson of a committee, such as strategic planning, if appropriate.
♦ Perform such duties, as assigned by the chapter Board of Directors and the president.
The secretary shall keep or cause to be kept the minutes of the meetings of the chapter and shall give or cause to be given notice of all meetings in accordance with these bylaws. The secretary shall also keep, or cause to be kept, all chapter records with the exception of educational records, and shall, in general, perform all duties incident to the office of secretary and such other duties as the members may prescribe.
Responsibilities of the Corresponding/Recording Secretary
♦ Insures that notice is given of all meetings of the membership, at least seven (7) days in advance.
♦ Maintains all official records of the chapter, including chapter charter, bylaws, financial reports, minutes of Board meetings, business meetings and committee meetings.
♦ Provides the Board of Directors, committee chairpersons, and chapter members with minutes of meetings prior to the next meeting.
♦ Maintains, in conjunction with the treasurer, a current committee and membership roster, and distributes the same to all members of the Board of Directors, as necessary.
♦ Facilitates an open communication network by: Maintaining correspondence with the National Office, as directed by the chapter president.
- Forwarding copies of all correspondence to the chapter president or other designated person.
♦ Assist committees as necessary with correspondence pertaining to their activities.
The treasurer-elect is not a required Board position. However, many chapters are finding that to improve financial accountability and maintain continuity with the budget, it is helpful to include a treasurer-elect position. The treasurer-elect must become familiar with the duties of the treasurer, so he or she may succeed the treasurer at the expiration of his or her term, or resignation. In addition, the treasurer-elect should be prepared to perform the duties of the treasurer, in their absence, or due to the treasurer's inability to fulfill the responsibilities of his or her office.
Responsibilities of the Treasurer-elect
♦ Serves as assistant to the chapter treasurer.
♦ Works collaboratively with the chapter treasurer, throughout his or her term, to provide a smooth transition.
♦ Perform treasurer activities, as delegated by the treasurer, or as assigned by the chapter Board of Directors.
- ♦ Becomes familiar with the bylaws and financial record keeping.
- ♦ Becomes familiar with the system of financial reporting to the AACN National Office.
Corresponding/Recording Secretary-elect . Responsibilities of the Corresponding/Recording Secretary-elect
- The secretary-elect is not a required Board position. However, many chapters are finding that to improve continuity within the chapter, it is helpful to include a secretary-elect position. The secretary-elect must become familiar with the duties of the secretary, so he or she may succeed the secretary at the expiration of his or her term, or resignation. In addition, the secretary-elect should be prepared to perform the duties of the secretary, in their absence, or due to the secretary's inability to fulfill the responsibilities of his or her office.
- Serves as assistant to the chapter secretary.
- Works collaboratively with the chapter secretary, throughout his or her term, to provide a smooth transition.
- Perform secretary activities, as delegated by the secretary, or as assigned by the chapter Board of Directors.
- Becomes familiar with the bylaws and duties of the secretary.
- Becomes familiar with the system of reporting to the AACN National Office.
The following positions are not elected positions, but if you would like to be considered for any of these roles please let us know:
Education/program Co-Chairman (2 positions)
This member(s) shall provide the chapter with programs pertaining to the art and science of critical care nursing. The responsibility includes obtaining speakers (usually bimonthly), providing the physical environment, working with vendors to sponsor speakers/food and verifying information needed for CEU certificates. The president-elect will be the main support person, along with other board members. He/she can recruit committee members as needed.
This committee shall establish criteria for eligibility consistent with the bylaws of the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, shall encourage desirable applicants to apply for membership, and shall formulate and recommend plans for increasing and maintaining membership.
Board Advisory team, Nominating Committee Chairman and Community Service Committee Chairman
These position are appointed by the President
- Board Advisory Team: This would be a past-president/board member (to encourage a smooth transition for the new board, provide resources and advise as needed) and one member (to represent the general membership as needed)
- Nominating Committee Chairman: This person would issue the call for nominations for candidates to fill the board seats for the following year. The chairman will choose the slate of candidates based on nominations from members.
- Community Service Committee Chairman: This person will lead the chapter ‘s community service events by planning, implementing, and evaluating all community service projects.
Nomination is now open until April 15, 2018.
Send nominations to Karen Marcum - email@example.com